Disable Knox on Samsung Devices: Knox is the security software that works on Samsung devices. It is software that helps users protect their data and privacy with the help of biometric authentication. Knox has been integrated into many Samsung devices, and it provides an easy-to-use interface for users to manage their privacy settings. It can also be downloaded on other devices such as tablets, laptops, PCs, and even Android phones.
Samsung Knox is a security platform developed by Samsung that provides defense-grade security for Android devices. Knox has been certified by the United States Department of Defense and NATO for use in classified and sensitive government networks. Knox separates work and personal data on devices, making it difficult for unauthorized users to access sensitive information. Knox also provides a host of other security features, such as encryption, malware protection, and remote wipe.
4 Ways to Disable Knox on Samsung Devices:
Disable Knox on Stock Samsung Android (Unrooted)
If you have an older version of Samsung devices like Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 5, etc., you must follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all, open your Know app on your Samsung device and Tap on Settings.
- Select the Knox Settings Tab and then Tap on “Uninstall Knox”.
- When uninstallation is done, you will get an option called backup your Knox Data on your folder.
- To do that, you have to click on “Backup Now” and click on “ok”.
- If your phone is a new model, you go to Settings and click on Apps.
- Tap on the Menu button at the right corner of the screen and select Show system apps.
- Now, you need to search for “Knox” in the search bar.
- You will get all the related apps will be shown there.
- Disable them one by one and then reboot your device.
In this way, you can easily disable Knox from your Samsung device.
Uninstall Knox on Rooted Samsung Galaxy
If your Samsung device is rooted, you can do further steps easily. Instead of disabling Knox, you can easily uninstall it from your device.
Follow the steps carefully to do the uninstallation of Knox.
- First, you have to download and install “Titanium Backup” from your Google play store app.
- Now, you have to open the app Tap on the Search button and search for “Knox”, and you will get all the related apps in front of you.
- Delete the following apps using the “Titanium Backup. “
Knox Notification Manager
After freezing the apps, you can reboot your device.
Uninstall Knox with Android Terminal Emulator (With Root)
- First, you have to install an Android Terminal Emulator app from the Google Play Store app.
- Now, you can launch your application and get root access.
- Grant it and execute the commands in the backgrounds: su pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
- These are the simple steps to be followed to uninstall Knox.
Uninstall Know Using Knox Remover Zip
If the above methods don’t work for you, you can use this method to uninstall Knox on your Device easily.
- Firstly, Backup your android device and download the flash Know remover V2.1.zip file provided by XDA developers using the TWRP Recovery.
- Now, you have to delete the files labeled as Knox.
- Finally, you can restart your Samsung device.
These were all the ways using which you can disable Knox on your Samsung Device.